Accomplishments by the Numbers
Concordia University Texas formally launched its diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in 2016. Data from various reports show the positive impact these initiatives have made on CTX.
- Diverse Campus Population
- Enrollment of Hispanic/Latino students grown 136% since 2016
- 33% of all CTX students are Hispanic/Latino
- Steady enrollment of Asian students since 2015
- Average of 6% more Black/African American students than peer institutions since 2015
- 57% of CTX faculty members are female
- Institution of Access
- Average of 42% of full-time, first-time undergraduates receive Pell Grants
- CTX spends average of $2,400 more per student to provide student support services than private universities of similar size
- First-Generation Students (a student who does not have a mother, father or guardian with a bachelor's degree)
- 29% of incoming first-time freshmen in 2019 are first-gen students
- 34% of incoming transfer students in 2019 are first-gen students
Surveys & Assessments
The Department of Institutional Research & Effectiveness provides various reports about Concordia University Texas. The following surveys are utilized by Concordia to support diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- BCSSE: The Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE) provides Concordia with valuable and timely information that enables the University to continue improving the first-year experiences of students.
- HEDS DECCS: The HEDS Diversity and Equity Campus Climate Survey (HEDS DECCS) helps CTX develop a better understanding of the extent to which the campus supports diversity and equity, and it helps the University identify areas of improvement. The survey reflects answers from students, faculty, staff and administrators, providing a comprehensive range of perspectives.
- HEDS FSCCSV: The HEDS Faculty/Staff Survey of Campus Climate for Sexual Violence (HEDS FSCCSV) evaluated the overall view of faculty and staff concerning the general campus climate at Concordia.
- HEDS SACCS: The HEDS Sexual Assault Campus Climate Survey (HEDS SACCS) was administered to determine the view of undergraduates about the general campus climate at CTX.
- FSSE: The Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE) surveys faculty, who teach at least one undergraduate course in the current academic year, to provide information about faculty expectations for student engagement that are linked with student learning and development. The survey helps Concordia identify aspects of the undergraduate experience that can be improved.
- IPEDS: The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) is a set of survey components that collects data from postsecondary institutions across the United States. IPEDS data informs the diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives developed and implemented.
- NSSE: The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) assesses undergraduate students in their first and final years to determine their levels of engagement and related information about their experiences at CTX. The results are used to improve the undergraduate experience.
- SSI: The Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) provides insight into the quality of student life and learning at CTX. It also reveals areas where Concordia is succeeding and areas where the University can improve.