15:1 Student-to-Faculty Ratio
31% First-Generation Students
Located in Austin, Texas
An international student is an applicant who does not hold United States citizenship or lawful permanent residency and requires an F-1 Visa to engage in academic studies in the US. If this applies to you, please follow the International Student Application process.
International students at Concordia University Texas are eligible to apply for our in-person undergraduate programs and Master of Business Administration program. Connect with your admissions counselor for more information.
International - Undergraduate
Concordia offers a variety of programs to prepare you for your future vocation. All our majors, like business and communications, are customizable and flexible with minors, concentrations, and pre-professional tracks, and our class sizes are small enough that you can stand out.Learn More
International - Graduate
Our competitive and affordable MBA program offers the flexibility you need to pursue an advanced degree while maintaining your responsibilities. Our MBA program features industry-experienced faculty and cohort-style learning for a built-in community of support. International students are only eligable to participate in the MBA program.Learn More
The Admissions Office must receive all required admissions material by the appropriate deadlines.
- Fall Semester June 1st
- Spring Semester November 1st
Complete the International Student Application for Admission and pay the non-refundable $50.00 application fee
- An official sealed transcript of all credits earned or attempted from each high school/or
- All foreign degrees must be evaluated by a member of NACES. An official copy of this
evaluation must be sent directly to Concordia TX from the NACES member.
- If coursework was done in the US, an official copy of that transcript must be sent from the institution directly to Concordia TX.
- For foreign transcripts, please choose the Course-by-Course report.
- If the applicant has completed the equivalent of a US high school degree, then a Basic Statement of Comparability Evaluation is required.
- All foreign degrees must be evaluated by a member of NACES. An official copy of this evaluation must be sent directly to Concordia TX from the NACES member.
- English Proficiency
- Proof of Financial Support
- Sponsor Affidavit (if applicable)
- Copy of Passport
- Resume (MBA only)
SUBMITTING TRANSCRIPTS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Concordia University Texas Office of Admissions 11400 Concordia University Drive Austin, Texas 78726
Upon completion of the above items, the student's application will be processed. Admission criteria include:
- Demonstrate English proficiency. See the English Proficiency guidelines.
- The US equivalent of a high school diploma with a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for students entering as first-time freshman.
- The US equivalent of at least a 2.0 grade point average on all college work attempted for students who have attended any higher education institution in or outside the United States.
If the student qualifies for admission, a nonrefundable deposit of $275, undergraduate only, must be made before registering for classes. Upon receipt of this deposit, the University will issue an I-20. Concordia's I-20 Designated School Official (DSO) is Angie Beasley. Please e-mail her with any questions regarding the I-20.
- An official sealed transcript of all credits earned or attempted from each high school/or college/university.
Proof of Financial Support
To qualify for a form I-20, you must prove that you are able to support yourself financially for a minimum of one year that you will be attending school in the United States. You must provide us with financial documents that cover the cost of your tuition, living expenses (housing and food), books, and supplies. This total may include additional money for dependents, if you have a spouse (husband or wife) and/or children with you in the USA. If you receive sponsorship, your sponsor(s) must sign this form. We must receive original bank statements that are dated within the last 90 days. The bank or financial statement must be in English and the currency in US Dollars.
Proof of Financial Support Required Documents
Select one or more ways that proof of financial support
- An original bank statement must be provided in USD, in English, and must be less than 90 days old.
- If a sponsor is supporting you, a signed Sponsor's Affidavit Annual Cash Support (PDF) is also required. This form must be printed, signed, and notarized or stamped by the bank where funds are kept and can be uploaded either at the end of this application or in the self-service center after you submit the application.
- If you have a scholarship or loan, an original letter from the contributing organization is required. Proof of financial support is required, whether you are providing your own funds or will be sponsored by someone else. This form must be printed, signed, and notarized or stamped by the bank where funds are kept and can be uploaded either at the end of this application or in the self-service center after you submit the application.
Proof of Health Insurance
Concordia University Texas has a health insurance requirement for international students that must be met each semester. All international students on non-immigrant visas are required by university policy to have health insurance coverage while at Concordia University Texas.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS HAVE THE BELOW OPTIONS TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT:
If you currently have health insurance or would like to obtain your own insurance, you must provide Concordia TX proof of coverage. Please email a completed copy of the International Student Health Insurance Waiver (pdf) and proof of coverage prior to classes starting.
If you do not have health insurance, you must purchase coverage through GeoBlue Worldwide Health Insurance. This charge will be placed on your bill at the beginning of each semester.
Students will automatically be enrolled if they do not provide documentation or do not respond.
Concordia University Texas Inbound 2023-2024
Please contact Designated School Official (DSO), Angie Beasley, should you have any questions