Managing Course Options
If you have courses on your list that you do no want to see any longer or that need to be rearranged:
- Log on to Blackboard.
- In the My Courses section, click on the Settings button.
- Rearrange the order of the courses by dragging the arrows.
- Next to any course you do not want to see, click the box under Course Name to uncheck it.
Instructors only below.
If you would like to merge courses or course sections in Blackboard, please contact the Helpdesk at (512) 313-4357 or submit a work order request.
Archiving a course allows you to create a "backup copy" of your course in a .zip file format. Archive your course site regularly and keep those archives as backups. Save them in a safe place.
To archive your course:
- In the Course Management Control Panel, click on Packages and Utilities.
- Click on Export/Archive Course.
- Click Archive for a complete backup (includes students) OR click Export for a copy of all course materials (excludes students) and select areas to be included.
- You will receive an email message when the process has been completed.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to access the .zip file, and click on the file and save it to your desktop.
Note: Do NOT select the option to automatically open the .zip file.
The Blackboard server is backed up regularly to allow restoration of all courses in the event of a catastrophic failure. If you accidentally destroy or erase part of your site, you are responsible for having a copy of your data. Instructional Technology can help you restore the data from your archive copy.