Resources During Weather Emergency / Storms
Please refer to these resources for assistance during a weather emergency or storm.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network
- Austin Community Advancement Brigade — provides direct mutual aid for unhoused communities of greater East Austin
- Austin Mutual Aid - request aid via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cap Metro -- free rides through the end of February
- Austin ISD Family Engagement & Student Support Resources Bulletin
- Catholic Charities Disaster Response Team -- provides hotel assistance, financial help, basic needs items and more
City / County Resources
- Travis County Cold Weather Resources -- from the Office of Travis County Judge Andy Brown
- Cold Weather Resources in Austin, TX from the Office of Greg Casar
- Austin Moms Facebook Group -- online neighborhood group for mothers. Various posts with resources and options to connect with neighbors who may be able to provide resources. Click on "Neighborhood Groups" dropdown near top right to find the group for your area.
- Buy Nothing Facebook Group -- online neighborhood group. Various posts with resources and options to connect with neighbors who may be able to provide resources. Find your group.
Low Cost or Free Household Items
- Primrose Community Care-Free Store -- located at: 110 Northloop Blvd., M-F 4-8
- Buy Nothing Facebook Group -- request items from neighbors
Insurance / Repairs
- SBP USA -- disaster recovery organization, guides and information on Insurance, Protection
fraud, navigating FEMA, etc.
- Insurance Guide
- Insurance Guide Spanish
- Protection Against Contractor Fraud
- Protection Against Contractor Fraud Spanish
- Navigating FEMA Assistance
- Navigating FEMA Assistance Spanish
- Austin Area Urban League -- emergency and critical home repairs
- Plumbers / Emergency Repair Contractors
- Free Lunch ATX -- free meal support; email email@example.com
- SNAP recipients -- if your food was destroyed due to power outage, you can request replacement benefits for this month only. Submit a signed copy of Form 1855.
- Red Beans Austin -- Tuesday at noon sign-up sheet open for that Sunday's meal
- El Buen Samaritano
Asylum Seekers / Displaced Immigrants
- Casa Marianella -- shelter, food, and full supportive services to homeless immigrants
- American Gateways -- legal services to low-income immigrants, asylum seekers, survivors of human
trafficking and family violence, and all those currently held in detention centers
- Catholic Charities -- engage, educate and empower families out of poverty by providing 6 innovative programs. The CCCTX Disaster Response team has been activated to respond to the Texas Winter Storm. If you are in need of help, call the Disaster Hotline at 512-766-7111.
- Team Brownsville
COVID / Testing Resources
- City of Austin COVID-19 Free Assessment and Testing
- Austin Area Urban League -- COVID related resources
- Central Texas Allied Health Institute -- free COVID Testing at 1400 Tillery Street, Austin, TX 78721
Tuesday 2-7 pm
Wednesday 9 am-2 pm
Thursday 9 am-2 pm
Friday 2 pm-7 pm
Saturday 9 am-2 pm