The Concordia University Texas Master of Business Administration (MBA) 4+1 program allows Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) students to save time and money on their MBA by taking up to 12 graduate (MBA) credits while working on their undergraduate degrees.
Students who take all 12 eligible MBA credits as undergraduates can complete the MBA in just one additional year.
Why Join the 4+1 Program?
After graduating with their BBA, MBA 4+1 students can complete their MBA in just three additional semesters (one academic year).
This allows students to move toward a higher degree faster while saving thousands of dollars in tuition. Additionally, students take MBA classes with working professionals, giving them early access to networking opportunities.
Who Is Eligible To Join?
Incoming and current BBA students at Concordia University Texas can join the MBA 4+1 program during their freshman, sophomore. or junior years of undergraduate enrollment. First-time freshmen need a minimum 3.0 high school GPA to be eligible, while sophomores and juniors need a minimum 2.75 college GPA.
How Does the Program Work?
- Eligible students interview with an MBA counselor or Student Academic Planner and submit a commitment form to join the program. Once the form is accepted, students receive a letter showing contingent direct admission into the MBA program.
- To maintain MBA 4+1 status, students attend four events at the IncubatorCTX, allowing them to gain critical networking skills. Events feature entrepreneurship workshops, engaging guest speakers, and MBA presentations. All events are free for students to attend.
- MBA 4+1 students will also need to work toward accumulating work experience through a combination of paid, volunteer, and student leadership roles.
Advanced Graduate Courses
MBA 4+1 students can start enrolling in MBA courses in the first semester of their junior year. They are eligible to take specific MBA courses:
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership – Self
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods & Statistics
- The MBA 4+1 program grants students contingent direct admission into the Concordia MBA program, which means they can list this honor on your resume and communicate to prospective employers that they will be taking graduate classes.
- Traditional students will pay no additional tuition for the MBA courses, beyond the standard semester rate for 18 credit hours. Non-traditional students also save thousands of dollars in MBA tuition.
- MBA 4+1 students earn their graduate degrees in less time and join the workforce better prepared.
What Is the Value of the Concordia MBA 4+1 Program?
The Concordia MBA program offers students access to a network of experienced business professionals, including other students and faculty, who are engaged in the community.
MBA students partner with an organization in their community to plan, develop, and implement a Capstone project with an emphasis on management consulting or a venture they might pursue once they have completed the program.
Guest speakers, computerized simulations, case studies, learning teams, and a capstone project are just some of the ways students are exposed to real-world business issues and participate in making decisions that impact organizations and the wider community.
Enrolling in the MBA 4+1 program allows students to move toward a higher degree faster, saving time and money.
Concordia MBA Career Outcomes
- Business Owner
- Chief Technology Officer
- Health Services Manager
- Information Technology Director
- Investment Fund Manager
- Management Consultant
- Talent Manager