What is Concordia’s MBA 4+1 Program?
Concordia University Texas is a regionally accredited institution of higher education, offering graduate degrees with flexible deliveries.
Our Master of Business Administration 4+1 program allows Business majors to save time and money on their graduate degree by taking up to 12 graduate (MBA) credits, while working on their undergraduate degrees.
Students who take all 12 eligible MBA credits as undergraduates can complete the MBA in just one additional year.
Why Join the 4+1 Program?
After graduating with their Bachelor’s, 4+1 students can complete their MBA in just three additional semesters, or one academic year.
This allows students to move toward a higher degree faster, while saving thousands of dollars in tuition. Additionally, students take MBA classes with working professionals, giving them early access to networking opportunities.
Who is Eligible to Join?
Concordia University incoming and current students can join the 4+1 program during their freshman, sophomore, or junior years of undergraduate enrollment. First-Time Freshman need a minimum 3.0 high school GPA to be eligible, while sophomores and juniors will need a minimum 2.75 college GPA.
How Does the Program Work?
- Eligible students will interview with an MBA counselor or Academic planner and submit a commitment form to join the program. Once the form is accepted, students will receive a letter showing contingent direct admittance into the MBA program.
- To maintain 4+1 status, students will attend four events at the IncubatorCTX, allowing them to gain critical networking skills. Events feature entrepreneurship workshops, engaging guest speakers and MBA presentations, and are free for students to attend.
- 4+1 students will also need to work towards accumulating work experience through a combination of paid, volunteer and student leadership roles.
Advanced Graduate Courses
4+1 students can start enrolling in MBA courses in the first semester of their junior year. Here is a sampling of MBA (graduate level) courses 4+1 students will be eligible to take:
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership – Self
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods and Statistics
- The 4+1 program grants contingent direct admit into the MBA, meaning students can list this honor on their resume and communicate to prospective employers that they will be taking graduate classes.
- Traditional students will pay no additional tuition for the MBA courses, beyond the standard 18-credit per semester rate. Non-traditional students also save thousands of dollars on MBA tuition.
- 4+1 students earn their graduate degrees in less time, and join the workforce better prepared.
What is the Value of the Concordia MBA 4+1 Program?
The Concordia MBA program offers students access to a network of experienced business professionals, including other students and faculty, who are experienced and engaged in the community.
MBA students partner with an organization in their community to plan, develop and implement a capstone project with emphasis on management consulting or a venture they might pursue once they have left the program.
Guest speakers, computerized simulations, case studies, learning teams and a capstone project are just some of the ways you will be exposed to real-world business issues and participate in making decisions that impact the organization and the wider community.
Enrolling in our 4+1 program allows students to move toward that higher degree, faster, therefore saving time and money.
Concordia MBA Career Outcomes
- Business Owner
- Talent Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Investment Fund Manager
- Information Technology Director
- Health Services Manager
- Management Consultant