Service Members at ConcordiaService Members at Concordia

Service Members

Concordia University Texas is grateful, proud and supportive of those who have served or continue to serve in the military.

For those looking to start or continue their education, we have a variety of options to assist with that process.


There are multiple financing options available to assist veterans and their dependents in pursuing their college education. Concordia University Texas accepts most VA educational benefits and is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon program. We do not accept the Hazelwood Act as these benefits are only eligible at public institutions.

In order for active military personnel to take advantage of their benefits, they must contact their local Veteran Affairs representative. Veterans must apply for their benefits on the Department of Veteran Affairs website. For more information on VA educational benefits, the Yellow Ribbon Program and steps to accessing your benefits, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website.


Once you've applied for benefits through the VA site, the Department of Veteran Affairs will notify you of your eligibility. Concordia will need a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and your DD-214 so that we can certify your attendance with the VA once you are registered.

VA Certification Request Form

In the meantime, your admissions counselor can help you proceed through the regular admissions process in accordance with your program of interest. Once you have been officially accepted to Concordia University, the University will process the paperwork concerning your financial benefits.

VA Benefits contact:

Student Central

Column Image

I was looking for a college that would challenge me while also making me feel like my presence mattered. The small class sizes at Concordia allowed me to connect with the professors on both an academic and personal level.

Drew Marshall, '23Pre-Nursing